Commitment to Quality
HGL’s success over the last 35 years has been founded upon a commitment to delivering services and products that meet or exceed customer expectations. HGL has an established ISO 9001-based quality program that provides a framework and reference to ensure the following:
- Customer requirements are recognized and met by controlling the project delivery process; and
- Continual quality improvement is achieved through review of management and work practices, training, and regular review of company policies and regulatory requirements.
Since its incorporation in 1987, HGL has built a strong track record in exceeding client expectations by delivering the highest quality technical services. HGL’s performance has been recognized by a high percentage of repeat work from long-term clients, such as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Exceptional and Very Good quality ratings in the U.S. Government’s Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS).
HGL’s quality program is managed by Theresa Rojas. Ms. Rojas is a Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) by the American Society for Quality. She has more than 30 years of experience in supporting work for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), EPA, and NASA. Ms. Rojas oversees quality-related planning and execution of all HGL work and manages a team of quality professionals including Certified Quality Auditors, Certified Construction Quality Managers, and Unexploded Ordnance Quality Control Specialists.
Commitment to Health and Safety
HGL is committed to providing safe and healthful working conditions for its employees, as well as protecting its subcontractors, the communities in which it works, and the environment. HGL promotes sound safety practices based on the identification and control of occupational health and safety (H&S) risks where its employees work. HGL does this by effective project and task planning; by staffing its projects with knowledgeable and skilled professionals; by carefully selecting its subcontractors and business partners; by executing projects per approved plans; by monitoring performance; and by reviewing and updating H&S programs and procedures annually and when new potential risks are identified. As an organization, HGL is dedicated to the following:
- Protecting the H&S of its employees through anticipation, recognition, and control of hazards in the workplace by assessing the hazards of each new task, identifying effective hazard controls, documenting the hazard controls, training personnel on hazard controls, and monitoring work to verify that hazard controls are implemented and are effective;
- Complying with applicable H&S regulations and client requirements wherever work is performed;
- Ensuring that employee H&S is an integral aspect of HGL’s culture and services;
- Enabling and encouraging all personnel to report incidents and potentially unsafe conditions and to stop work, as needed, to prevent accidents;
- Investigating incidents, identifying effective improvements, and tracking completion of improvement actions to minimize the probability of future incidents; and
- Conducting monthly and annual senior management level reviews of the effectiveness of HGL’s H&S programs and procedures and striving for continual improvement.
Health and Safety Performance
Since its incorporation in 1987, HGL has not received an OSHA citation or incurred an OSHA-reportable incident. This exemplary safety record has been recognized by the National Safety Council and in numerous U.S. Government performance ratings and other commendations. HGL has achieved this excellent safety performance record by implementing a H&S management system based on American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standard Z10: Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
HGL’s H&S program is managed by Steve Davis, CIH, CSP. Mr. Davis has over 30 years of experience managing H&S programs in support of work for the U.S. EPA, the U.S. DOE, the U.S. DoD, and the USACE. Mr. Davis oversees H&S programs for HGL’s hazardous waste, radiation, and munitions response activities and manages a team of Certified Industrial Hygienists, Certified Health Physicists, Certified Safety Professionals, and Unexploded Ordnance Safety Officers.