HGL supported the Hazardous Material and Hazardous Waste (HM/HW) Management Program at Misawa Air Base, Japan, for solid waste, pesticides, PCBs, asbestos, radon and related products, investigation-derived waste, lead-based paint, lead, and other hazardous materials and wastes. HGL provided the following HM/HW management services basewide:
- Regulatory reviews and regulatory interface assistance,
- Permit and licensing assistance,
- Material control and tracking,
- Emergency preparedness studies,
- Environmental Management System (EMS) and compliance auditing,
- Reduction assessments,
- Health and Safety Plan preparation,
- Record searches,
- Compliance inspections, and
- Abatement planning.
HGL also provided specialty services such as interpreting and analyzing Japanese regulations, Material Safety Data Sheets, Spill Prevention Plans, and other applicable documents.
|✔||Instituted effective management and cost controls that resulted in substantial cost savings.|
|✔||Ensured that no violations occurred when operations were shut down because of a tsunami through proactive education/training and HM/HW management processes.|