Sustainable Designs for Ergonomic Living – Well designed and integrated facilities create sustainable living and working environments. HGL integrates LEED and sustainable design features into all of its projects.
HGL integrates in-house design, engineering, and construction management services to assist clients in all phases of building and renovating facilities. Having provided design and inspection services for nearly three-quarters of a billion dollars in construction value, HGL has the experience and expertise to seamlessly turn-key any project from concept to commissioning. HGL’s team includes architects; civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineers; landscape architects; interior designers; construction inspectors; and LEED accredited professionals.
Traditional Architecture and Engineering Design Services (Title I)
HGL’s Title I services utilize integrated project teams to deliver the right skills for the job resulting in higher quality work products that meet the client’s requirements. Seasoned architects, project managers, and engineers are adept at assessing, managing, and mitigating client risks. HGL’s architectural staff members maintain membership in the American Institute of Architects (AIA), National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB), United States Green Building Council (USGBC), and America Energy Engineers (AEE), as well as the specialized qualifications and credentials of LEEDAP and CBCP.
- All inclusive architectural services, including
- Pre-project program analysis and budget evaluation;
- Project master-planning and sustainability evaluation;
- Integrated architectural and engineering design, from concept to construction, with phased construction cost validation services for project budgeting and life cycle analysis;
- LEED design applications for all certification levels; and
- Unified and coordinated BIM applications across all A/E disciplines.
- Comprehensive civil engineering services, including
- Complete site development design, including utility and infrastructure assessment and design;
- Stormwater management and modeling, with an emphasis on site sustainability;
- Erosion control design
- Water quality control design and management
- Comprehensive structural engineering services, including
- Full service structural design and BIM modeling for all construction types and forensic investigation;
- Existing condition survey and analysis for all facility types;
- Emergency inspections and stabilization repair design; and
- Seismic design, modeling and evaluation.
Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Comprehensive mechanical-plumbing-electrical-lighting engineering and design services, including
- Full service M-E-P- lighting design and BIM modeling for all construction and facility types;
- Forensic investigation and analysis;
- Energy audits, evaluation, modeling, and analysis; and
- Existing condition survey and analysis for all building types and uses.
Construction Inspection Services (Title II)
Understanding the construction process and properly executing today’s complex designs require experience and know-how. HGL’s seasoned team of quality control/quality assurance construction inspectors and resident construction managers are highly skilled professionals well versed in the art of construction and the sustainable objectives of today’s building codes and best practices. HGL’s proven success in overseeing both new construction and extensive complex renovations throughout the U.S. and Asia are the result of extensive training, continuing education, and application of best practices within the industry. Services include the following:
- On-site construction quality assurance and oversight;
- Construction project scheduling and management;
- Construction phasing plans and records management;
- Material/shop drawing submittal review and coordination with proper the design professional;
- Contractor’s progress, status and management reports;
- Building code and job site safety compliance; and
- Claims resolution
Point of Contact
Berny Hintz, RPA
Technical Director, Architecture
11107 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 400
Reston, VA 20190
Phone: (703) 478-5186
FAX: (703) 471-4180